Monthly MJWL meeting
Sunday January 6th, 2019
Ft Lupton High School
This is a very important meeting, please make sure that you have a club rep there. All money will be due at this meeting.
Holy cow, where did this season go. It is hard to believe that our post season tournaments are just around the corner. Great job to all of our clubs , parents and wrestlers this season!! You are all amazing.
Important info for upcoming post season events
Regionals: Wrestler must have 2 events to qualify for regionals. Regionals will count as 3rd for championships. Top 8 placers from regionals will go on to Championships.
4yr. old's will be able to wrestle at regionals. But will move on to JV. All girls will advance to Girls Championships on 1/19/19 at Bennett, following the JV tournament.
1. There will be weigh ins Friday night 1/11/19. All wrestlers must weigh in. Weights will be scratch weight ex: 45lb has to weigh 45lbs or less
If there is a skin issue they must have a skin form filled out with area circled and signed by a doctor to wrestler.
2. Straight line brackets, double elimination, blind draw, no wrestle back for second. We will separate teams as far as we can
3. Teams will be required to have people to help with weigh ins/ Bracketing 1/11/19.
4. Teams will need to provide table help and supplies (leg band, flip chart, computer...) for the whole day. Be at hosting site by 7:15 ready to set up and get logged into internet and track. This year we will have someone following brackets at the table . Table help cannot leave until hosting team releases them.
5. Regionals will be a split session. Please pay attention to your regions flyer to know when to be there.
From our family
Metro Junior Wrestling League was founded in 1969, with just 6 teams. Our league is open to boys and girls ages 4- 14 years old, Pre - k through 8th grade (sorry no high school freshman). Age division are 4 under, 6 under, 8 under, 10 under, 12 under and 14 under. We have also added a girls division!!! Our wrestlers are matched up tournament style using a Madison block bracketing according to age with up to the 5 closest weights. Each wrestler has the possibility of up to 5 matches a day.
These fine organizations make what we do possible. Please show your support to these amazing sponsors and thank them for their commitment to our organization. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here to learn more about our sponsorship opportunities